Thursday, January 28, 2010

Uptown Girl Goes Downtown

My office is located on the 2oth floor of a highrise in downtown. I can't explain how much I LOVE IT! I love living the "city life" during the day. I park my car in a garage and walk 2 "city" blocks to my building where I proceed to ride the second elevator bank up to my suite (of course after being solicited by 15 people on the way in for newspapers, money, cigarettes, etc.). We have a food court in the underground tunnel beneath the building where I frequent to get spring rolls from my favorite asian place. The only downside to my office is being high up when it is stormy, such as today. You look outside and all you can see is black. Another upside to my downtown is office is the ability to have "neighbors." My co-worker Kirsten and I get invited very frequently to go to lunches, mixers, potlucks, chili cook offs, etc. and we love it! I think the hilight thus far was the Thanksgiving potluck we attended at the staffing company down the hall. Last but not least, I love officing downtown because of the Tower Club! My office has joined the club as members and we really enjoy the complimentary pumpkin spice muffins and coffee that they offer every morning. Hopefully my next post will not be titled, "Uptown girl needs gastric bypass!" Now off to the house to see the uptown dog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment